October 24, 2008
We have 5 tubs of ice cream in the freezer at the moment. It’s no small feat getting them in there amongst all the other cold hard stuff. Why so many? Could this perhaps be the explanation for the aforementioned weight gain? Possibly…
- Blue Ribbon vanilla – worth the extra 2 bucks I reckon – a must have in any household for those emergency affogatos or a stat dose of crumble
- Weiss Mango sorbet – not really ice cream but it was on mega special and seemed a bit healthier
- Connoisseur: Cookie cream commotion – on mega special and seemed way tastier
- Connoisseur: Caramel honey macadamia – I love macadamias , also on special. Yum!
- Peter’s creamy classic mint choc chip – the favourite of one of our favourite visitors
Another great idea: ice cream tubs that collapse as they get emptier freeing up space in the crowded ice box for more deliciously flavours. Hmm, half empty containers or full fat tummy?
July 18, 2008
We’ve enjoyed a few family meals lately. Just us then with the Andos and then with the Tooses. The piccy is our first family meal in our new kitchen – French toast with fruit and maple syrup – yum! We had spag bog with Andos at our place and then curry at Nic & Claire’s and a meal at The Three Weeds with the Toose clan. Good times!
May 24, 2008
Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto and pan fried (Chicken Saltimbocca)
Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil
Scott and I were wondering what other desserts or recipies use coffee or more specifically espresso in their ingredients. I thought of some chocolate cake recipies and even a chocolate mousse that have coffee in them. I used 2 double shot long blacks in the Tiramisu – Yum!
February 14, 2008
It’s valentine’s day not that it really means much to us seeing as our wedding anniversary is tomorrow but it gives me an excuse to talk about food.
I love food, my wife too of course, but I love food. We watched Ratatouille
today (Kate was home sick) and I loved it. The movie, not Kate being sick. It was all about food ( and a rat and a young French guy) and it was brilliant, funny and touching. We then had spag bol for dinner of which I made extra for one of the girls at work who just left hospital. Supreme comfort food, cooked for over an hour, pasta al dente, freshly grated parmesan – I love food!
ps If you get a hold of the DVD watch the obligatory Pixar short film ‘Lifted’ – nuff said!