October 25, 2008
Note that highlights is plural. Strap yourself in…
- I felt the baby move this morning. Highlight of the highlights. Very, very cool!
- Had a crash course in roasting from John with Sambo.
- Packed up the roaster and brought it home – video of the craziness below.
- Hit the Beer Festival with the brothers and Dad and Ceils – tasty!
- Had dinner at Dee Why then good ice cream from an ice-creamery called Chill Bar
Whew, what a rush…
October 24, 2008
We have 5 tubs of ice cream in the freezer at the moment. It’s no small feat getting them in there amongst all the other cold hard stuff. Why so many? Could this perhaps be the explanation for the aforementioned weight gain? Possibly…
- Blue Ribbon vanilla – worth the extra 2 bucks I reckon – a must have in any household for those emergency affogatos or a stat dose of crumble
- Weiss Mango sorbet – not really ice cream but it was on mega special and seemed a bit healthier
- Connoisseur: Cookie cream commotion – on mega special and seemed way tastier
- Connoisseur: Caramel honey macadamia – I love macadamias , also on special. Yum!
- Peter’s creamy classic mint choc chip – the favourite of one of our favourite visitors
Another great idea: ice cream tubs that collapse as they get emptier freeing up space in the crowded ice box for more deliciously flavours. Hmm, half empty containers or full fat tummy?
June 21, 2007
Back from my last night shift and eating the remains of the Apple and Raspberry Crumble we had at Bible study last night. I bought some Cadbury Creamy Vanilla as Woolies were sold out of the Toose Hoose regular – Peter’s Vanilla (the Cadbury’s was on special at the same price). It’s pretty good with more of a creamy yellow colour than the Peter’s stark white and has a great texture. Our other favourites are the Toppa Hokey Pokey (available @ Woolies) a New Zealand ice cream that’s pretty cheap and almost anything from the Connoisseur range especially the Cookies & Cream and the newly discovered Chocolate Honey Nougat. I do like a bit of gelato especially hazelnut (which Kate hates) but ice cream is my first love.
***I’ve just discovered that Cadbury, Peter’s & Connoisseur are all owned by the same mob***
The Secret Toose Hoose Crumble Recipe (read this and I’ll have to kill you)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Rolled Oats
3/4 Cup Plain Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut
50 – 75g Melted Butter (depending on how healthy you’re feeling)
Chuck it all together making sure you crumble the butter into the dry ingredients (get your hands into it!). Bung it over any tinned/stewed fruit you like in a oven dish and lightly pack it down. Whack it in the oven @ 180 for 25 – 30 mins or until lightly browned on top.